Famous Auris from Toyota is a well-balanced and comfortable hatchback with some economical improvements as hybrid options.
Are you looking for a hybrid car? Here we list the best hybrid cars 2017 above.
Before you start, you need to know what is a hybrid car and how does it work?
Hybrid cars are defined in the intermediate class of petrol and electric cars. They are fuel efficient, economical and offered in all classes. Today, it is being shown as the most approaching automobiles to meet expectations. Plus, we have studied new hybrid cars for you with, advantages and disadvantages of the best MPG hybrid cars.
Cars have not change slightly, other than the fuel used since the beginning of production. Although many fuel technologies have been used in automobiles by petrol, electric, solar energy, some of the users are not able to meet expectations from the user side, so the search for automobile technology continues. Nowadays, considering the user and environment criteria, hybrid cars seem to be a step ahead. Although there are hybrid cars that run on hydrogen as an auxiliary fuel, electric / petrol hybrid cars are shown as the main class. Therefore it makes them the best MPG cars.
Hybrid vehicles have two types of engine, electric and petrol. High efficiency operation of these two engines is the basis of hybrid technologies without the need for any external power. In hybrid vehicles, the internal combustion engine is complemented by an electric motor. The electric motor can be connected in series or parallel to the internal combustion motor. The hybrid power regulator in the vehicle feeds the vehicle by connecting the high voltage battery and the electric motor. The electric motor is powered by high-voltage lithium ion batteries. In addition, thanks to the braking system with recovery technology, some of the energy lost at the time of deceleration is recovered and stored in the lithium ion.
Plug in Hybrid Cars UK
The only difference compared to hybrid cars is charging. Both petrol engine and electric motor are available. In plug-in hybrid models, the electric plug-in-hybrid motor is stronger and the battery is bigger. The new BMW i8 hybrid can be shown as an example.
Top hybrid cars 2017
In premium class Mercedes Hybrid and BMW Hybrid take the lead. BMW i8 is considered as one of the best sport hybrid car and Mercedes E300 E is a good example for luxury hybrid car.
Mitsubishi Outlander is one of the best SUV hybrid. Outlander has 2.0 liter petrol engine with 45 liter fuel tank. The emissions are quite low, only 42 g/100 km.
Toyota Yaris hybrid is one of the most popular of all due to being small, and economical. Toyota presents hybrid cars in all classes. Prius is a well-known model as a family car with best mileage. Toyota CH-R hybrid attracts attention thanks to its futuristic design. Toyota Mirai is defined as the most efficient hybrid car.
- Once the car starts, only the electric motor is running and the car is moving.
- The electric motor runs during normal driving. When necessary, the internal combustion engine is supported.
- Two engines work together during acceleration.
- When driving fast, the internal combustion engine, which has a high driving force, gives the main power and the electric motor supports.
- During deceleration, the internal combustion engine stops and the lithium ion battery charges itself with the energy saved in the braking system.
- The electric motor provides comfortable driving as it does not vibrate and oscillate during operation.
- CO2 emissions are low when compared only with fossil fueled vehicles and this gives us an eco friendly car.
- It provides fuel saving by special braking system. It also has twice the life of the lining. Maintenance costs are low.
- Only urban driving offers economic driving due to the lack of petrol.
- Considering the elite class models, it can be said that hybrid cars have low power. The reason for this is that while the environment friendly car is being designed, small models of internal combustion engines are added.
- It is more expensive than petrol engine cars.
- It may be a small chance of lethal effects in a high-voltage battery when an accident occurs.